Our site was closed for most of 2020 due to Covid-19.
We are gradually reopening in a Covid-Safe way as regulations permit, and with a comprehensive Covid-Safe plan in place, subject to having sufficient volunteers to operate safely.
The initial reopening includes the market and the museum. We are preparing the railway to operate again as soon as possible.
When you do visit, please look out for our Covid-Safe signage and comply fully with the directions of our volunteer workers under the direction of our site Covid Marshal.
The CovidSafe plan will ensure that everyone can see all the exhibits, ride on the train and enjoy social time, while socially distanced and with minimal physical contact.
The plan will comply with government guidelines as best practice as applicable at the time. It will generally cover:
- Mask requirements
- Limits on numbers on site at any one time and social distancing
- A requirement to provide contact details in line with Victorian Government requirements and a pre-booking facility to reserve admission places, but with unreserved places available for walk-ups
- Restricted access, if any, to enclosed museum rooms
- Contactless payment rather than cash
- Limited numbers on rides, possibly managed around family or ‘bubble’ groups.
Note for public health officers: Contact tracing data locations and records enquiries to 0427 509 988