Behind the Scenes - 15th May 2022
We are opening the Alexandra Timber Tramway and Museum for a special day of tours, train rides and more.
Date: Sunday May 15th
Times: 10 a.m. to 3:30 pm
We will run a steam locomotive, a diesel locomotive and a petrol engined locomotive.
We will show you how we prepare the locos for duty each day.
You will be able to watch us as we shunt the locos and carriages to form the train.
We will run tours of the site, including visits to areas not normally open to the public.
Experts will tell you about:
- The history of the station and the railway
- The regional timber industry that was here in the first half of the twentieth century
- Each of our locomotives
- How we maintain the rolling stock and the track
- Timber exhibits in our museum
- The history of our Association and how there has come to be an operating light railway in the grounds of Alexandra Station
Admission to this special day is by ticket only. To ensure everyone can enjoy all the exhibits, a maximum of 50 tickets will be available at a price of $20 per person. While children are welcome, the event is designed for teenagers and older.
There will be free tea and coffee for all visitors. There is an optional catering pack available which will include lunch and afternoon tea at $20 per pack.
Tickets can be booked on Trybooking here.
Hoping to see you on May 15th!